Song - Howl's Curse

Go and catch a falling star,
Get with child a mandrake root,
Tell me where all past years are,
Or who cleft the devil's foot,
Teach me to hear mermaids singing,
Or to keep off envy's stinging,
And find
What wind
Serves to advance an honest mind.

If thou be'st born to strange sights,
Things invisible to see,
Ride ten thousand days and nights,
Till age snow white hairs on thee,
Thou, when thou return'st, wilt tell me,
All strange wonders that befell thee,
And swear,
No where
Lives a woman true and fair.

- John Donne

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Quotes

To love someone enough to let them go, you had to let them go forever or you did not love them that much.
- Fire & Hemlock


"For you, the only way to behave well was to behave badly. For me, the only way to win was to lose. You weren't to know me, and I wasn't to remember you."

- Polly Whittacker,
Fire & Hemlock


"That's why I love spiders. 'If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again.' I keep trying. But I brought it on myself by making a bargain some years ago, and I know I shall never be able to love anyone properly now."

- Howl Pendragon,
Howl's Moving Castle


"Never mind. We can easily start over again," said the strange boy with a mischievous smile. He stopped in his tracks and held out his right hand to Hayley. "I'm Luther."

- Luther Winds,
Wind, Flute & Fate


Sometimes, on fateful days, Hayley could still feel Luther's presence in the falling yellow leaves of oak and maple, and in the sound of her glass wind-chimes tinkling softly from her pale bedroom ceiling. Her heart would ache every time he touched gently on her cold, cold cheeks, with a soft message that seemed to form the gist of an apology. But she never saw him again.

- Wind, Flute & Fate


"What worth are the remains of a twisted soul like mine?"

- Hawthorne Blacklight,
The Heights Of Time


No comments:

Post a Comment

Which is normal: Laughing with your eyes open or closed? XD