Song - Howl's Curse

Go and catch a falling star,
Get with child a mandrake root,
Tell me where all past years are,
Or who cleft the devil's foot,
Teach me to hear mermaids singing,
Or to keep off envy's stinging,
And find
What wind
Serves to advance an honest mind.

If thou be'st born to strange sights,
Things invisible to see,
Ride ten thousand days and nights,
Till age snow white hairs on thee,
Thou, when thou return'st, wilt tell me,
All strange wonders that befell thee,
And swear,
No where
Lives a woman true and fair.

- John Donne

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sophie
Under that mask of heartlessness
Somewhere in the treacherous depths
Lies churning acute pain and bitterness
Don't think that I fail to see through you

Sometimes your manner melts my heart inside
Yet sometimes your glare turns me into stone
My head's a merry-go-round that never stops
You're leaving me such perilous hints but

Oh, I've made up my mind
That you - Hawthorne, you're mine!
And somehow I will find a way
To save you from their wrath
Oh, mysterious boy
Tell me why you're bleeding inside!
Does it matter if fire drives you to mingle with the night?
The night...
The night is all we know


Hawthorne
Trapped in this void of despair
Nightmares one can't comprehend
Devour all the souls that wander in
Only under the earth shall we find peace

What brought you to face this hidden door?
What possessed you to find the key?
Don't ravel yourself deeper into the web
Don't leave us any of your love! So

Run! And throw down my heart!
Don't let time play games with your mind
Anyway, what worth are the remains of
A twisted soul like mine?
Escape! Flee with the wind!
Stagger on or you'll fall like us all
Refrain yourself from delving into the darkness that lurks beyond
Beyond...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which is normal: Laughing with your eyes open or closed? XD